Thursday 21 September 2017

Formal Introduction

Dear Mr Blackstone,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you. I am Goh Shu Ting, currently enrolled in a bachelor degree of telematics at Singapore Institute of Technology. I graduated from a similar course, telematics and media technology, from Nanyang Polytechnic earlier this year. During my 3 years in polytechnic, I got to intern at NCS Pte Ltd for 3 months whereby I helped my supervisors with their project regarding Singtel Wifi at the different Mass Rapid Transport(MRT) stations. For my final year project, I also got the opportunity to create an e-learning platform with c sharp programing to teach my juniors on a mathematics topic, clustering.

Since I have telematics background and the exposure of working in the field that is related to automotive during my internship, I decided to enrol myself for telematics in Singapore Institute of Technology which is focused on automotive. My interest for telematics and engineering grew over the years as I studied in my polytechnic. Therefore, I want to expand my knowledge of telematics and engineering and work in the telematics field upon graduation.

One of my communication strengths is that I enjoy speaking to different people and I can start a conversation with strangers easily. Above that, I am confident in my speech especially during interviews as I am able to come up with ideas within a short period of time. Therefore, I can answer the interviewers’ questions right away.

However, my weakness for communication is that I tend to speak too fast whenever I am nervous during a presentation in front of a huge audience. But I believe as I attend this module, I am able to improve my oral skills for presentation.

Last but not least, at the end of this module, I hope that my written and oral skills in terms of communication will improve greatly. This will definitely add value to myself and be more prepared for my future presentations in university and working world.

Yours sincerely,

Shu Ting


Edited:
6 October 2017

Read(r) and commented(c):
-Keith (r)(c)
-Yong Sheng (r)(c)

6 comments:

  1. Dear Shu Ting

    Your letter was clear and detailed. It allows readers to understand the content easily.

    Regards
    Canny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Canny,

      Thank you for spending time to read my blog post and leaving kind comments. I am looking forward to learn with you for this module!

      Regards,
      Shu Ting

      Delete
  2. Dear Shu Ting,

    Interesting introduction of yourself and the letter was well written. It's great to see that you have a strong love for learning. I believe that with your passion for learning, you will definitely achieve your goals.

    Regards
    Terence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Terence,

      Thank you for your reply and words of encouragement. I believe that you will achieve your goals as well at the end of this module.

      Regards,
      Shu Ting

      Delete
  3. Dear Shu Ting,

    Thank you for this generally clear and concise letter. We learn quite a bit in it about your telematics experience, both in terms of study and work. From this it is clear that your entry to SIT makes perfect sense, and that you will have a lot to offer your coursemates.

    You also describe well your communication skills and challenges. You also have set clear goals for the module.

    In terms of your language use, it is fluent in this letter, but there are a couple issues to take note of:

    1) Dear Mr Brad >>> ?

    2) overuse of capitalization _ see https://owl.english.purdue.edu/engagement/2/1/42/

    I look forward to working with you this term.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Brad,

    Thank you for taking your time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate your advice and have made the necessary amendments.

    I look forward to learning even more from you in this module.

    Regards,
    Shu Ting

    ReplyDelete